This article may contain affiliate links. Read my ABOUT page for more disclosure information.
I am currently in the depths of post-holiday blues – it’s tough coming back to every day life after a long vacation. All the excitement of planning and going on your holidays – then all that euphoria disappears so quickly once you are back. So here are 5 tips for beating the holiday blues!
- Book more travel! Ok, so it’s a band-aid rather than a panacea, but booking more travel helps to alleviate, albeit momentarily, the feeling of dread caused by coming back to real life!
Go on… peruse some nice hotels here…
- Plan some nice activities in your own town – book a dinner, see a movie, and try to keep the fun holiday vibe alive! How about a ‘staycation’? We love to explore parts of our own city that we haven’t seen before, and act like tourists in our own town! We love walking around Edinburgh‘s sights, even though we live here!
- Drink some wine! Let the jovial wine spirit carry over from your holiday into a mid-week tipple at home. Ok, so I don’t recommend this as a long term remedy, but it certainly takes the edge off!
- Make a photo album of your holiday snaps to remind yourself of the good times! I enjoy putting albums together (online and real books too) to share with friends and family. I suppose this is the equivalent of a slide-show party in the 70s!
- Remind yourself of the great things about being home – your comfy bed, fresh clothes, and all your other home comforts. For those people who can’t travel with their pets, you get to go home and see their purrty faces too!
Rinse and Repeat
Be a Tourist in your own Town:
Pick your poison
Enjoy home comforts
I hope these 5 tips for beating the holiday blues help you stay steady in between holidays! Hang on in there, and dream of your next adventure. Check out more Travel Hacks here.
All photos & content © Hannah Henderson and may not be used without permission (sharing this blog post is fine, though!). Images shot with a Canon DSLR T3i Rebel + Canon EF Lens 50mm 1:1.8 STM; and an iPhone6s.